RE: Insurance on antique autos

Susan McLeod (s.mcleod@cvmuseum.com)
Mon, 4 Mar 2013 20:04:15 +0000

From: Susan McLeod <s.mcleod@cvmuseum.com>
Subject: RE: Insurance on antique autos
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 20:04:15 +0000

Are you maintaining them in drivable condition? If not, that may make a dif ference. Otherwise, we have also found that it is very expensive given the amount of actual use.

Susan McLeod Chippewa Valley Museum

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Bill Schuette Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:52 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Insurance on antique autos

We have two antique autos in our collection. We wanted to add them to our e xisting insurance policy, but the premium would be over $1,200 per year wit h a $500 deductible! How do other museums with these types of artifacts deal with the insurance issue? We realize that the autos would not be replicable, but our thoughts were to insure them in case there was any repairable damage caused to them.

Bill Schuette Sauk County Historical Society