SNOW DAYS @ Portage's Indian Agency House!

Destinee Udelhoven (destineekae@hotmail.com)
Mon, 30 Dec 2013 13:32:28 -0600

From: Destinee Udelhoven <destineekae@hotmail.com>
Subject: SNOW DAYS @ Portage's Indian Agency House!
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 13:32:28 -0600

Because what's more fun than a SNOW DAY!??!

Get out and enjoy your Wisconsin winter!

The Historic Indian Agency House invites YOU to

explore our Nature Trail and beautiful, protected acreage

by cross-country skis

or snowshoes.

Applicable dates include the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of

January, February and March, ending March 08, 2014. (January 11, Ja nuary 25, February 08, February 22, and March

08.)

 Hours are 9am to 3pm, with event dates dependent upon

weather and snow cover.

EVERYONE must stop by the Visitor's Center EVERY TIME to

sign in before you hit the trail, and again to sign out when you complete
 your

outdoor adventure. (At this time, staff will give you a property map to k eep

you on track. In addition, registration will assist us in recording visit ation

and help ensure your safety!)

Don't have your own snowshoes? USE OURS!

Due to the generosity of the Great Circle Foundation, HIAH

has acquired several sets of beginner's snow shoes--in a range of sizes

(including adult, young adult, and children's, ranging from a weight limit of

30 to 340 pounds).

Reservations are required to borrow the shoes, with each

reservation allowed a two-hour time allotment with the snow shoes. Snow Sh oe Borrowers must report to our Visitor's Center (20

minutes before your reservation time is suggested) for check-in, and for a

brief tutorial before heading out. These snow shoes will remain the propert y of

HIAH, and must remain ON HIAH PROPERTY at all times, for the duration o f the

loan period

This opportunity is FREE--whether you utilize our snow shoes

or have your own. (But, please note: Borrowers accept full responsibilit y for the equipment for the

duration of the loan period, and agree to replace broken or damaged shoes
, shoe

components, or ski poles.)

Call 608-742-6362 OR email

historicindianagencyhouse@gmail.com to make reservations for your family, Scout

troop, or yourself TODAY!

(Also makes for a great date!)

Borrowing will be treated on a first-come, first-serve

basis--but we will do the best we can to accommodate you!

The Historic Indian Agency House is owned and operated by

The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the State of Wisco nsin. To learn more about this nation-wide network of preservation-minded women
,

visit www.wisconsindames.org .

Destinee K. Udelhoven

Executive Director

Historic Indian Agency House at Fort Winnebago

608-742-6362

historicindianagencyhouse@gmail.com

www.agencyhouse.org