Date set for Archival Principles workshop at NIU - June 9 & 10

Danielle Spalenka (dspalenka@niu.edu)
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:37:22 -0600

Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:37:22 -0600
From: "Danielle Spalenka" <dspalenka@niu.edu>
Subject: Date set for Archival Principles workshop at NIU - June 9 & 10

Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in a general archival knowledge workshop entitled "Archives: Principles & Practices," developed by the Society of American Archivists. I am pleased to announce that there was enough interest to bring the workshop to Northern Illinois University. The two-day workshop will be Monday, June 9, 2014 through Tuesday, June 10, 2014. The workshop will take place at the Holmes Student Center on NIU's DeKalb campus and will be hosted by the Regional History Center. While we are not in Wisconsin, we are nearby to many local historical societies in southern Wisconsin -- we are just two hours south of Madison.
  Registration begins tomorrow (January 14, 2014) and is limited to 35 participants. For details about the workshop or to register online, please see the link below:
  http://saa.archivists.org/events/archives-principles-and-practices-14a6/500
/
  Thank you all again for your interest and we hope to see some of you in June!
  Sincerely,

Danielle Spalenka Curator, Regional History Center Northern Illinois University DeKalb, IL 60115
(815) 753-9394 dspalenka@niu.edu