RE: passenger pigeon expert

Janice Dibble (Dibble@oshkoshpubliclibrary.org)
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:34:03 +0000

From: Janice Dibble <Dibble@oshkoshpubliclibrary.org>
Subject: RE: passenger pigeon expert
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:34:03 +0000

The Winnebago County Audubon Society hosted a program on the Passenger Pige on in February. The guest speaker was Stanley Temple, a Beers-Bascom Profe ssor Emeritus in Conservation at UW-Madison and a senior fellow with the Al do Leopold Foundation. I do not have his contact information but could ask
 our local Society. Janice Dibble, Oshkosh Public Library

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Jarrod Roll Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:53 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: passenger pigeon expert

Hello group.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend someone who can give a presentation on the passenger pigeon? This year marks the 100th anniversary fof their e xtinction and Sparta, WI, was once a prime location for spotting huge masse s of passenger pigeons.

Thank you,

Jarrod Roll Director-County Historian Monroe County Local History Room & Museum 200 West Main St. Sparta, WI 54656
(608) 269-8680 www.MonroeCountyHistory.org<http://www.MonroeCountyHistory.org>

--
dangerous content by MailScanner<http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
believed to be clean.