Re: 2014 Conference registration and information online now!

David Grabitske (david.grabitske@mnhs.org)
Fri, 1 Aug 2014 11:25:35 -0500

Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 11:25:35 -0500
Subject: Re: 2014 Conference registration and information online now!
From: David Grabitske <david.grabitske@mnhs.org>

I am looking forward to the WI History Conference, but also to the AASLH Conference <http://about.aaslh.org/conference/> in St. Paul.

Here's a little update on where we are: 1 - conference session proposals submitted last fall came to 156. In a normal year there are about 100, and the previous high record was 140. 2 - the exhibit hall already sold out as vendors seem to expect a solid crowd. Usually the hall does not sell out until mid-August, I've been told. 3 - Early Bird registrations (were due on 7/25) are on pace with the 2007 conference in Atlanta, which was the all-time largest attendance of 1,155.

A lot of this may be due to Garrison Keillor as one of the keynote speakers, I realize. However, with the difficulty in choosing from so many session proposals, the response may also be due to the strength of the program. The program is above average in that case.

Hope to see many of you at the AASLH conference in St. Paul, Sept. 17-20, 2014. Register by August 15 for significant savings
<http://about.aaslh.org/am-registration/>.

Can't attend in person? Try the Online Version of the Conference
<http://about.aaslh.org/am-online-conference/>.

David

*David M. Grabitske, D.B.A.*
*I am MNHS: I build success!*

Manager, Outreach Services <http://www.mnhs.org/lhs> | 651-259-3460 Minnesota Historical Society <http://www.mnhs.org/>, 345 Kellogg Blvd W., Saint Paul, MN 55102

   - Minnesota Local History <http://www.facebook.com/minnesotalocalhistory>
   on Facebook
   - Minnesota Alliance of Local History Museums
   <http://www.minnesotahistorymuseums.org/>
   - American Association for State and Local History
   <http://www.aaslh.org/>

[image: logo-med-res] <http://about.aaslh.org/conference/>