Radio recordings for LOC project

Michele Hilmes (michele.hilmes@gmail.com)
Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:09:50 -0500

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:09:50 -0500
Subject: Radio recordings for LOC project
From: Michele Hilmes <michele.hilmes@gmail.com>

Dear Local History list --

I am involved with a project called the Radio History Task Force, sponsored by the Library of Congress, under the aegis of the National Recording Preservation Board. Our job is to locate archived collections containing recordings of radio programs, especially those that aired on local, public, and community stations. Any date, any format.

Wisconsin is my beat, and while I've been working with the Wisconsin Historical Society, the University Archives, and Wisconsin Public Radio here in Madison, I'd also like to locate holdings of local and regional archives, especially if they relate to radio in that area.

If you know of any, or even any likely sources of recorded radio that might be held by collectors, museums, etc. I would love to hear about it. Happy to provide more info on this project, too, if anyone is interested. If you'd prefer to reply offlist, my email is you'd prefer to reply offlist, my email is mhilmes@wisc.edu.

Thanks so much for your attention -- Michele

--
Professor Michele Hilmes
Department of Communication Arts

Radio's New Wave: Global Sound in the Digital Era <http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415509763/>