New Berlin Historical Society "Historic Day"

Sue Hemmen (shemmen@firstweber.com)
Mon, 31 Aug 2015 23:46:52 +0000

From: Sue Hemmen <shemmen@firstweber.com>
Subject: New Berlin Historical Society "Historic Day"
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 23:46:52 +0000

September 13th of 2015 marks the 23rd Annual Historic Day at the Historical
 Park in New Berlin. This is our most popular event and is always well att ended.

Events start at noon that day with a Sing-a-Long in our First Freewill Bapt ist Church.

All historic buildings will be open and at 2PM there will be a parade down National Avenue.

Rumor has it that Benjamin Franklin will be on the grounds. Keep an eye op en for him and be sure to spend a little time chatting with him. It's boun d to be interesting.

You can tour the Weston Antique Apple Orchard and at 3PM can listen to the Blue Grass Allstars there. Also at 3PM there will be barrel rides for kids
 through the orchard.

Tour our historic homes, including a chicken coop and an outhouse. In the schoolhouse at 2:30 there will be storytelling. The farm display in our Mu seum is nearly complete so please stop in and see how life was for farmers in New Berlin in the 1800s.

This is the 4th year that the Plein Air painters will be painting the local
 landscape and bringing them to the Park on Historic Day to display and sel l. Watch for them in the community during the days leading up to the 13th.

As always, there will be food, beverages and desserts available.

A flyer for this event is also included here.