Wisconsin Oral History Network Survey

Emily Pfotenhauer (emily@wils.org)
Mon, 2 May 2016 14:47:59 -0500

Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 14:47:59 -0500
Subject: Wisconsin Oral History Network Survey
From: Emily Pfotenhauer <emily@wils.org>

Hello,

We’re emailing to introduce you to our efforts to build a statewide
 network of those interested in oral history.

Some of you might recall that Troy Reeves led efforts several years ago to hold a one-day event, called the Wisconsin Oral History Day. While this network could end up holding an event similar to the ones held in the springs of 2008, 2009, and 2010, we don’t intend to start with a on e-day event.

Instead, we’re sending a short survey to allow us to see who might be interested in collaborating with us as we move our ideas forward. We built this brief questionnaire to start to identify who has collections of oral history, as well as who has interest in conducting new oral history projects. The results we receive from this survey will guide future efforts, such as training guides, collection directories, a planned day of action to support oral history collections, and/or a general support system
.

http://goo.gl/forms/IuGTz4SYiH

We understand that you all have many other things during your day. We hope, however, that you will take a few moment to fill out this assessment. For those who do fill out the survey, we will be back in touch later this year with an update.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Troy Reeves, UW Madison

Ellen Brooks, Wisconsin Veterans Museum

Dana Gerber-Margie, Wisconsin Historical Society

Paul Hedges, Wisconsin Historical Society