Does your museum have oral histories with veterans or residents on the homefront?

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (jiseymour@wisc.edu)
Tue, 16 Aug 2016 16:09:51 +0000

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 16:09:51 +0000
From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <jiseymour@wisc.edu>
Subject: Does your museum have oral histories with veterans or residents on the homefront?

Recollection Wisconsin is looking for oral history collections documenting the wartime experiences of Wisconsin veterans and civilians during World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and the Persian Gulf War. This is part of an NEH-funded planning grant to inventory and plan for the digitization of at-risk audiovisual materials. For more information, visit recollectionwisconsin.org/wioralhistory<http://recollectionwisconsin.org/wioralhistory>.
[http://recollectionwisconsin.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/neh_50_logo_2color-300x73.jpg]<http://recollectionwisconsin.org/wioralhistory>

Listening to War: Uncovering Wisconsin's Wartime Oral Histories<http://recollectionwisconsin.org/wioralhistory> recollectionwisconsin.org Listening to War: Uncovering Wisconsin's Wartime Oral Histories will find, assess, and create a plan for the digitization of oral history interview recordings documenting 20th-century military conf...

Does your organization hold any audio or video interviews with veterans, local residents speaking about experiences on the homefront, or any other oral histories related to wartime? If so, we'd love to speak with you. Please fill out the form below or email Dana Gerber-Margie at dana@wils.org<mailto:dana@wils.org>. We'll be in contact with you soon! Dana will be visiting the Northwest region of the state at the end of August, so contact her soon if you are in that area!

http://www.tinyurl.com/ListeningToWar

Janet Seymour, Northern Region

Local History-Field Services

Office of Programs and Outreach

Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

715-836-2250

janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org

Wisconsin Historical Society