Knox Creek Heritage Center present a Finnish Independence Day Celebration

Kevin Wollemann (kwollemann@pctcnet.net)
Fri, 18 Nov 2016 20:44:14 -0600

From: "Kevin Wollemann" <kwollemann@pctcnet.net>
Subject: Knox Creek Heritage Center present a Finnish Independence Day Celebration
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 20:44:14 -0600

The Knox Creek Heritage Center in Brantwood, WI, dedicated to preserving the heritage of the pioneers that settled these great Northwood's will be hosting "A Finnish Independence Day Celebration" on Saturday, December, 3, 2016 at the Brantwood Community Center located on Highway 8 at Stadium Road
(County D North). Dinner will be served from 2:00pm - 4:00pm, with the main dish being Mojakka (a Finnish Beef Stew) cooked in a cast iron kettle over a wood fire, homemade Finnish whole grain bread. Creamy rice and an assortment of fruit sauces will be available for dessert. A presentation by some locals about the history of the settlers and a discussion about some of the projects the Knox Creek Heritage Center is trying to accomplish will follow. This is one of our four annual fund-raisers and our 21st year of existence. We are seeking individuals and families to become part of KCHC. By becoming a member you can help maintain our unique historical site. We also have several major projects planned and asking for additional funds, through donations, to make these dreams come true. Any donation will be greatly appreciated. Some of the buildings (we have nine) are older than 100 years.and need some TLC. We hope to see you all there for a great
"Finnish Independence Day Celebration" and a little bit of our local history, good times can be had by all. Please find attached a poster for our event.
  Kevin Wollemann President and Photographer Knox Creek Heritage Center