New London Public Museum "Save your Stones" program in June

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 03 Apr 2017 17:46:31 +0000

Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 17:46:31 +0000
From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: New London Public Museum "Save your Stones" program in June

[cid:[cid:image003.png@01D2AC77.E2F8AF40]

Save your Stones! The New London Public Museum presents a workshop focusing
 on headstone preservation and restoration. Join us from 9am-3pm on Saturda y, June 10 and discover more about the importance of cemetery preservation.
 Learn about different types of headstones, how they deteriorate and method s of preservation. Then put into practice what you’ve learned! We will he ad out to Floral Hill Cemetery for on-site demonstrations and practice. The
 cost for the workshop is $20 and includes lunch and a gravestone cleaning kit. Class size is limited to 20, so make your reservation today! Contact t he museum 920-982-8520 or christinec@newlondonwi.org and sign up, payment c an be mailed to NLPM 406 S. Pearl St. New London, WI 54961 reservation will
 not be guaranteed until payment is made. Reservations are due by June 2. T he museum accepts cash or check only. Thank you to the Friends of the New L ondon Public Museum and their business partners for underwriting a portion of this program.

Jarrod Roll from Save Your Stones Cemetery Preservations Services will lead
 the workshop. We will start at the museum learning the importance of cemet ery preservations, ethics and safety, gravestone shapes and meanings, plann ing, prioritization, and documentation. Then we will head out to Floral Hil l Cemetery. Jarrod will demonstrate proper resetting and cleaning technique s. Then get ready to try out what you have learned under Jarrod’s watchfu l guidance.