leather replacement

djtotten (djtotten@earthlink.net)
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:49:56 -0500

From: "djtotten" <djtotten@earthlink.net>
Subject: leather replacement
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:49:56 -0500

Our society would like to replace the leather on parts from a surrey and farm wagon. These are leather covered frames mounted on the buggy/wagon that serve as a shield between the horse and driver. Photos of these parts are shown at <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byb4EtjBx8dZNEZjU0RRcjR1QXc> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byb4EtjBx8dZNEZjU0RRcjR1QXc.

Approximate dimensions are:

Surrey frame: 18 x 30 inches

Wagon frame; 15 x 34 inches

Wagon under seat: 12 x 30 inches

Leather thickness is about 1.6 mm, a 4 oz. weight. I judge about 20 square feet is needed, as the leather covers the frame on both sides.

We solicit suggestions on how to proceed.

David Totten

President, Board of Directors

New Berlin Historical Society

 <http://www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org/> www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org