Still time to register for "Save Your Stones" workshop in New London, WI on June 10

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Fri, 19 May 2017 14:57:12 +0000

Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 14:57:12 +0000
From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Still time to register for "Save Your Stones" workshop in New London, WI on June 10

We still have space, sign up today! Save your Stones! The New London Public
 Museum presents a workshop focusing on headstone preservation and restorat ion. Join us from 9am-3pm on Saturday, June 10 and discover more about the importance of cemetery preservation. Learn about different types of headsto nes, how they deteriorate and methods of preservation. Then put into practi ce what you’ve learned! We will head out to Floral Hill Cemetery for on-s ite demonstrations and practice. The cost for the workshop is $20 and inclu des lunch and a gravestone cleaning kit. Class size is limited to 25, so ma ke your reservation today! Contact the museum 920-982-8520 or ke your reservation today! Contact the museum 920-982-8520 or christinec@ne wlondonwi.org<mailto:christinec@newlondonwi.org> and sign up, payment can b e mailed to NLPM 406 S. Pearl St. New London, WI 54961 reservation will not
 be guaranteed until payment is made. Reservations are due by June 2. The m useum accepts cash or check only. Thank you to the Friends of the New Londo n Public Museum and their business partners for underwriting a portion of t his program.

Jarrod Roll from Save Your Stones Cemetery Preservations Services will lead
 the workshop. We will start at the museum learning the importance of cemet ery preservations, ethics and safety, gravestone shapes and meanings, plann ing, prioritization, and documentation. Then we will head out to Floral Hil l Cemetery. Jarrod will demonstrate proper resetting and cleaning technique s. Then get ready to try out what you have learned under Jarrod’s watchfu l guidance.