RE: Doing research on Curators/Guides

Dustyn Dubuque (dchs@dunnhistory.org)
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 10:35:55 -0500

From: "Dustyn Dubuque" <dchs@dunnhistory.org>
Subject: RE: Doing research on Curators/Guides
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 10:35:55 -0500

Hello Cathi - These are answers to your questions in regard to the Dunn County Historical Society

1) Our museum hours are 10-5 Wednesday through Sunday

2) Most of the time we have stuff working each day - not necessarily split shifts but always have at least 1 paid staff in the building.

3) Executive Director works 5 days a week. Other staff work 3-4 days a week

4) We have many volunteers. Executive Directors is full time, we have 4 "core" part time staff position that range between 20-30 hours a week. I work 30 hours per week doing programming/education

5) Paid hourly with good compensation, but I am part time and work a 2nd job.

Thanks

DTD

Dustyn Dubuque

Education & Programming

Dunn County Historical Society

715-232-8685

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Cathi Malke Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:47 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Doing research on Curators/Guides

Doing a survey to see what other Museums are doing that have Curators/Guides. Looking for answers to the following questions.

What hours are your Museums open?

Do the same people work all day, or do you have split shifts?

How often does 1 person work in a week (days in a week)?

Are you paid or is it a volunteer position?

If you are paid, what type of compensation do you receive?

Any other information you might have that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Cathi Malke

President, Peshtigo Historical Society