RE: Developing a paid position at your historical organization?

winebottle@charter.net
Sat, 02 Dec 2017 08:42:04 -0600

From: winebottle@charter.net
Subject: RE: Developing a paid position at your historical organization?
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2017 08:42:04 -0600

At the Tomah Area Historical Society, the Board hired me 4 years ago a s a Contract Employee, the society is not responsible for withholding

& taxes. I am a part-time contractor responsible for running the day t o day operations of the museum...I meet monthly with the officers of t he Board and keep them up to date on things, get direction if needed,

etc. The contract is renewed each year by the Board at the Annual Meet ing. The Contract is only a page and half. We had a lawyer look at it,
 he cautioned not to make it a job description, otherwise it may be co nsidered an Empoyee-Employer relationship. If you want more informatio n, email me at: tomahmuseum@charter.net or call 608-372-1880. Jim W einzatl Executive Director

        ----------------------------------
-------From: "RICHARD ALLEN BERNSTEIN" To: "To: "localhistory@listserve. uwec.edu" Cc: Sent: 01-Dec-2017 21:18:49 +0000 Subject: Developin g a paid position at your historical organization?

        Hello All â
€“ Local History-Field Services have received a growing number of
 information requests about establishing a paid position at their loca l historical organizations. If you or someone you know has gone throug h the process of something like that would you let us know? Or if you
 are in the process of also trying and setting something up with your
 own organization would let us know?

        We would like to be able t o share that information with others who are trying to find their way
 through the process on their own. If we get enough of a response we m ay try to set up some programming to address this issue further (e.g.
 local history webinar, panel discussion at the annual conference, etc
.).

        Regards, Rick

        Richard Bernstein, Southern Region

        Local History-Field Services

        Office of Programs and O utreach

        Wisconsin Historical Society

        816 State Street,
 Madison, WI 53706

        608 264 6583

        rick.bernstein@wiscons inhistory.org [1]

        WISCONSIN HISTORICAL SOCIETY

        COLLECT ING, PRESERVING AND SHARING STORIES SINCE 1846 [2]

Lin ks:
------
[1] http://mail2.spectrum.net/[1] http://mail2.spectrum.net/rick.bernstein@wisconsinhis tory.org
[2] http://mail2.spectrum.net/HTTP://WWW.WISCONSINHISTORY.O RG/?UTM_SOURCE=EMAIL%20SIGNATURES&AMP;AMP;AMP%3BUTM_MEDIUM=EMAIL&AMP