Re: Mondovi Area Historical Society Craft Demonstrators Wanted

onthelake2@tds.net
Wed, 14 Feb 2018 15:56:47 -0500 (EST)

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 15:56:47 -0500 (EST)
From: "onthelake2@tds.net" <onthelake2@tds.net>
Subject: Re: Mondovi Area Historical Society Craft Demonstrators Wanted

Janet,

We have some demonstrators at one of our Fall events, but it definitely would be nice if there was a central list of blacksmithers, glassblowers, candlemakers, soapmakers, etc., who do demos at events. Perhaps there is a list/Facebook page/website already, but I am not aware of one....

Maybe WHS would be the best place to maintain such a list. Hint, hint.

Greg Loescher Historic Iola markers chairman Iola Historical Society

----- Original Message ----- From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu, Mondovi History <mondovihistory@yahoo.com> Cc: Beth Moore <mooreba1989@outlook.com>, Annette Forthun <aforthun@frontiernet.net>, Roger Sessions <rogersemail1958@gmail.com> Sent: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 13:53:21 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: Mondovi Area Historical Society Craft Demonstrators Wanted

I haven't seen any responses, but if you have suggestions for specific people, or places/organizations to look for demonstrators for history events, please share with the list serve!

Janet From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu <localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu> on behalf of webmaster@winneconnehistory.org <webmaster@winneconnehistory.org> Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 12:33:51 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu; Mondovi History Cc: Beth Moore; Annette Forthun; Roger Sessions Subject: RE: Mondovi Area Historical Society Craft Demonstrators Wanted Did anyone reply to the first question from the Mondovi Area Historical Society about demonstrators? I only ask because that is something Winneconne would like to look into
 also. Thanks, mls From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Cathi Malke Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:49 PM To: Mondovi History <mondovihistory@yahoo.com>; localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Cc: Beth Moore <mooreba1989@outlook.com>; Annette Forthun <aforthun@frontiernet.net>; Roger Sessions <rogersemail1958@gmail.com> Subject: RE: Mondovi Area Historical Society Craft Demonstrators Wanted The City of Peshtigo/Historical Society will be celebrating 150 years from the Great Peshtigo Fire in 2021. Three years will be here before we know it.
 We want to celebrate the era and am looking for suggestions towards a weekend of events. Our society would is also planning a bus trip to Chicago and Chicago here.Thank you in advance.Cathi MalkePresident, Peshtigo Historical Society From:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Mondovi History Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 4:24 PM To:localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Cc: Beth Moore; Annette Forthun; Roger Sessions Subject: Mondovi Area Historical Society Craft Demonstrators Wanted Good Afternoon, The Mondovi Area Historical Society is seeking demonstrators of old-time crafts or skills, i.e. soap making, candle making, spinning,
 blacksmithing, etc, for its annual The Past in the Park event. This year's event will be on Sunday, July 1st from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Past in the Park is the Mondovi Area Historical Society's showcase event of the year with all of its museum buildings
 open, demonstrations, speeches and music. If you are interested in being a demonstrator or know of someone, please email us or call 715-835-0336. Thank you. Sincerely,Steve MikelsonMondovi Area Historical Society