Re: Collection Management & Public Access software/application

Jennifer Scott (jscott@beloithistoricalsociety.com)
Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:19:52 +0000

From: Jennifer Scott <jscott@beloithistoricalsociety.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:19:52 +0000
Subject: Re: Collection Management & Public Access software/application

Thank you so much, Michelle! You just made my day!

I am hoping to use Omeka as a full-site cms. It looks like you're maintaining a separate wordpress site. Is that right? Did you find Omeka didn't work well for general content? Are there any plugins for it that you wish existed? I'm thinking of making some, maybe one to handle events. Last I looked, I didn't find one.

Your workflow sounds like what I expected. I would love to know the steps you take. What did you do to map the two systems at the start? I wonder if I could create a job plugin that could be configured to automatically import new data? I can't see us moving away from PastPerfect and it would be nice to automate that process.

I'll definitely be in touch with more questions! Thanks, again!

Jen jscott@beloithistory.org

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 5:40 PM Michelle Gobert <gobert@frontier.com> wrote
: