Re: New summer program in collections care

RICHARD ALLEN BERNSTEIN (rick.bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 20:13:03 +0000

From: RICHARD ALLEN BERNSTEIN <rick.bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: FW: New summer program in collections care
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 20:13:03 +0000

FYI

Richard Bernstein, Southern Region Local History-Field Services Office of Programs and Outreach

Wisconsin Historical Society 816 State Street, Madison, WI 53706 608 264 6583 rick.bernstein@wisconsinhistory.org

Wisconsin Historical Society Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3Butm_medium=email&amp;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>

From: Nicolette Meister [mailto:meistern@beloit.edu] Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 9:04 AM To: Nicolette Meister Cc: Nuria Sanjuan Subject: New summer program in collections care

[Beloit College]

It’s with great excitement that we write to share news about a new summer program in collections care at Beloit College.

[Be More, Be Remarkable]

Dear colleague,

Knowledge and practice of preventive care are paramount to the preservation of and access to cultural heritage collections. The Center for Collections Care<https://www.beloit.edu/ccc/> (C3) is poised to meet this training need by providing unparalleled opportunities for hands-on learning and practice for museum, library, archive, and conservation professionals and emerging professionals. Our distinctive resources—two campus museums (Logan Museum of Anthropology and Wright Museum of Art), a vibrant archive, historic costume and natural history collections—situated on the residential campus of a small, liberal arts college, provide superior opportunities to gain knowledge and skills, network with other professionals, and better prepare for advancement. Five classes will be offered in our inaugural season; three in preventive care, and one each in mount making for exhibitions and digitization.

As many of you know, Beloit College is home to a well-established and nationally recognized undergraduate Museum Studies Program. The Museum Studies Program and the C3 directly support the integration of knowledge with experience, a core component of Beloit College’s mission. The Center for Collections Care is an extension of what Beloit already does exceptionally well. According to a 2018 external review “… one of the greatest strengths of the Museum Studies Program curriculum at Beloit is its emphasis on experiential, hands-on learning and practice.” In addition, the reviewers noted that “Beloit College is a recognized leader in the academic field of Museum Studies.”

We would be grateful if you could share this exciting news with your students, colleagues, and professional networks. Information about our courses, instructors, and registration<https://www.beloit.edu/ccc/> can be found online, as well as details to help plan your stay<https://www.beloit.edu/ccc/plan/>, and resources available to all participants<https://www.beloit.edu/ccc/resources/>. Please contact us if you would like to learn more or have questions about the program.

Sincerely,

Nicolette B. Meister Faculty Director 608-363-2305 meistern@beloit.edu<mailto:meistern@beloit.edu>

Dr. Nuria Sanjuán Director of Summer Programs 608-363-2373 sanjuann@beloit.edu<mailto:sanjuann@beloit.edu>

Learn more about the Center for Collections Care at Beloit College.<https://www.beloit.edu/ccc/>

[Be More, Be Remarkable]<https://www.beloit.edu/>

Ph: 608-363-2393<tel:16083632393> - Beloit College - 700 College Street, Beloit, WI 53511