Fw: Save your Stones Workshop June 23

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 9 May 2018 20:02:11 +0000

From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Fw: Save your Stones Workshop June 23
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 20:02:11 +0000

Save your Stones! The New London Public Museum presents a workshop focusing
 on headstone preservation. Join us from 9am-3pm on Saturday, June 23 and d iscover more about the importance of cemetery preservation. Learn about dif ferent types of headstones, how they deteriorate and methods of preservatio n. Then put into practice what you’ve learned! We will head out to Floral
 Hill Cemetery for on-site demonstrations and practice. The cost for the wo rkshop is $20 and includes lunch and a gravestone cleaning kit. Class size is limited to 25, so make your reservation today! Stop by or contact the mu seum 920-982-8520 or christinec@newlondonwi.org and sign up. Payment can be
 mailed to NLPM 406 S. Pearl St. New London, WI 54961, the reservation will
 not be guaranteed until payment is made. Reservations are due by June 15. The museum accepts cash or check only. Thank you to the Friends of the New London Public Museum for underwriting a portion of this program.

Jarrod Roll from Save Your Stones Cemetery Preservations Services will lead
 the workshop. We will start at the museum learning the importance of cemet ery preservations, ethics and safety, gravestone shapes and meanings, plann ing, prioritization, and documentation. Then we will head out to Floral Hil l Cemetery. Jarrod will demonstrate proper cleaning techniques. Then get re ady to try out what you have learned under Jarrod’s watchful guidance.

Christine Cross

Director

New London Public Museum

406 S. Pearl St.