New Berlin Historical Society Open House

Susan Hemmen (slhemmen@gmail.com)
Wed, 30 May 2018 09:33:26 -0500

From: Susan Hemmen <slhemmen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 09:33:26 -0500
Subject: New Berlin Historical Society Open House

THE FIRST OPEN HOUSE OF 2018 IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, JUNE 17TH., 1-4PM, 19765 W National Ave, New Berlin THIS YEAR'S THEME IS "HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW"

  Dad can celebrate his big day by learning about Smart Gardening. The New Berlin Land Conservancy will be there to explain composting. A Poplar Creek Gardens representative will demonstrate how to grow a garden in a straw bale. And if you like butterflies and bees, someone will be on hand to help you plan a garden that will attract them. Speaking of bees, Hemkem Honey Co. will be there selling honey. Children will be given a free flower pot to decorate and take home to plant seeds in.

Our two houses, schoolhouse, church and barn will be open for tours along with our Museum where you can view military history, the Cornfalfa Farms exhibit, the Volunteer Fire Department and Police Department history exhibits..

Be sure to bring the little ones to ride the barrel train through the orchard, try their hand at washing clothes the old fashioned way and other fun activities.

As always, there will be lunch items and home made desserts available .

All of this fun and no admission charge. We look forward to seeing you.

Sue Hemmen 262-679-3461 or slhemmen@gmail.com