Fw: WWI Event at Polk County Historical Society

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 20:41:23 +0000

From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Fw: WWI Event at Polk County Historical Society
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 20:41:23 +0000

________________________________ From: polkcountymuseum <polkcountymuseum@lakeland.ws>

The Polk County Historical Society

Will be hosting the following Traveling Exhibit

WWI Beyond the Trenches: Stories from the Front On loan from the WI Veterans Museum

Open for viewing June 14th - July 20th 2018

We are excited to bring the exhibit, WWI Beyond the Trenches: Stories from the Front, to the Polk County Museum, Balsam Lake. It is free and open to the public for viewing from June 14th – July 20, 2018, during open museum hours.

A special event will be held on Thursday June 14th 6:30- 8:00p.m.

Speaker historian, Dr. Larry Smetak, will present a program on WWI, and invites others to share their stories. Refreshments will be served.

Over 122,000 Wisconsin men and women served on land, sea, and in the air during World War I. The Wisconsin Veterans Museum marks the centennial of the First World War with the opening of a major exhibit featuring an up close and personal look at the Great War through the eyes of Wisconsin veterans.

WWI Beyond the Trenches: Stories from the Front uses the Museum’s rich collection and first person accounts to bring to life Wisconsin’s role in shaping global history.