Knox Creek Heritage Center in Brantwood, Finnish Independence Day Celebration

Kevin Wollemann (kwollemann@pctcnet.net)
Thu, 8 Nov 2018 19:54:26 -0600

From: "Kevin Wollemann" <kwollemann@pctcnet.net>
Subject: Knox Creek Heritage Center in Brantwood, Finnish Independence Day Celebration
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 19:54:26 -0600

The Knox Creek Heritage Center in Brantwood, WI, dedicated to preserving the heritage of the pioneers that settled these great Northwood's will be hosting "A Finnish Independence Day Celebration" on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at the Brantwood Community Center located on Highway 8 at Stadium Road
(County D North). Our celebration will begin at 2:00pm with our Annual Meeting and election of officers followed by dinner served from 2:30pm - 4:30pm, with the main dish being Mojakka (a Finnish Beef Stew) cooked in a cast iron kettle over a wood fire, homemade Finnish whole grain bread. Creamy rice and an assortment of fruit sauces will be available for dessert. Insight to celebrating Finnish Independence Day will be provided. A silent auction and a holiday basket raffle will be held. This is one of our four annual fund-raisers and our 23rd year of existence. We are seeking individuals and families to become part of KCHC. By becoming a member you can help maintain our unique historical site and help share in our unique local heritage. We also have several major projects planned and are asking for additional funds, through donations, to make these dreams come true. Any donation will be greatly appreciated. We have recently put the new roof on the Spirit Baptist Church and poured the concrete for our planned pavilion. Some of the buildings (we have nine) are older than 100 years.and need some TLC. We hope to see you all there for a great "Finnish Independence Day Celebration." We also hope to see you in March and at our summer events at KCHC in June and September 2019.
  Please find attached a copy of our poster for this event.
  Thank You,
  Kevin Wollemann President and Photographer Knox Creek Heritage Center