New Berlin Historical Society Membership Meeting/Book Review

Susan Hemmen (slhemmen@gmail.com)
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 15:19:28 -0500

From: Susan Hemmen <slhemmen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 15:19:28 -0500
Subject: New Berlin Historical Society Membership Meeting/Book Review

The New Berlin Historical Society will hold their Annual Spring Membership Meeting at the New Berlin Public Library, 15105 Library Lane, on Monday, April 15th, at 6:30pm.

The presentation this year will be a Book Review by our President David Totten on "*New Berlin, Wisconsin: From Country to City-A 20th Century History" , *a new book on the more recent history of our City. Our earlier book, by Mary Ella Milham, "*New Berlin, Wisconsin to 1900: Not As German As You Think", *covers the time period of pioneer settlement up to the year 1900. This new comprehensive publication covers the years 1900-2000, when New Berlin was in transition from a totally rural, horse and buggy environment to the current status of a "City With a Touch of Country".

Dave co-authored this book with Audrey Juds. Audrey was a reporter for the *New Berlin Citizen, *for many decades, covering the local happenings and her articles added invaluable information.

The presentation will cover such topics as, our Growing Pains, the Unexpected and how our City became something to be proud of.

Please join us on April 15th for an interesting presentation. We look forward to sharing New Berlin history with you. As usual, this event is free and open to the public.

Contact: Sue Hemmen, 262-853-1725 slhemmen@gmail.com