RE: Restoration of horse drawn carriages

Rita Frakes (rita42@centurytel.net)
Fri, 12 Jul 2019 12:19:55 -0500

From: "Rita Frakes" <rita42@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: Restoration of horse drawn carriages
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 12:19:55 -0500

Dan,

You might check with the state historical site, Old Wade House Greenbush, WI which as a large has a large collection of carriages as I suspect many have been restored over the years.

Due to internet outage service may be too late for your meeting.

Rita Frakes, Curator Mazomanie Historical Society www.mazomaniehistory.org a

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Daniel Sent: Monday, July 01, 2019 3:00 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: Restoration of horse drawn carriages

Thank you very much for the individual and his phone number. I am collecting suggestions till our board meeting next week and will then contact possibilities. Although I am from Ripon/Fond du Lac I never knew there were Amish up in that area!

Dan

On 6/29/2019 3:44 PM, djtotten wrote:
> We have used an Amish gentleman by the name of Noah Hochstetler. We
reached him by phone at (920) 898-5363. He was referred to us by the Carriage Museum.

> Our project was to re-cover two buggy dashboards. Noah did an excellent
job, but the work took longer than expected.

> Noah lives in an Amish community near St. Anna, NW of Elkhart Lake. He is
a very agreeable person and has a very large collection of his own.