Please join us for a Community Conversation for digital readiness planning in Waupaca or Marshfield

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 18 Sep 2019 20:30:49 +0000

From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Please join us for a Community Conversation for digital readiness planning in Waupaca or Marshfield
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 20:30:49 +0000

Wednesday, September 25, 10:00 AM-11:30 AM

Hosted by the Waupaca County Historical Network Holly History and Genealogy Center 321 S Main Street, Waupaca, Wisconsin 54981

Throughout September, we will be hosting several Community Conversations at
 regional local history meetings and gatherings of other history consortia.
 The information gathered from these community conversations will be used t o plan future training opportunities, collaborative projects and other acti vities to support digital collection development in Wisconsin’s historica l societies and historic preservation groups.

Please join us at one of these gatherings where we’ll explore in greater depth, issues related to digital projects and digitization work. We’d lov e to hear from you!

There is also a regional meeting featuring a community conversation as part
 of the agenda on Thursday, September 26:

Thursday, September 26, 9:00 AM-2:00 PM Hosted by the North Wood County Historical Society North Wood County Historical Society in Marshfield Second Street Community Center 211 East Second Street, Drendel Room Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449
*Registration required.<https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/pdfs/hp/2019%20age nda%20reg%20form%20FINAL_Central.pdf>

Thanks to a grant from the National Archives, Recollection Wisconsin is und ertaking a community-driven strategic planning process to build “digital readiness” in local historical societies and historic preservation groups
. From July-December 2019, Recollection Wisconsin will partner with WiLS an d the Wisconsin Historical Society to conduct a survey of the Society’s l ocal affiliates and facilitate community conversations and strategic planni ng sessions. Our goal is to develop a plan for a Digital Readiness Communit y of Practice that will increase affiliates’ capacity to create, manage a nd share digitized historical resources.

Janet Seymour

Interim Director of Outreach

Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

715-836-2250 (O)

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsinh istory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3Butm_medium=email&am p;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>