New Executive Administrative Director at Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 7 Oct 2019 18:46:42 +0000

From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: New Executive Administrative Director at Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 18:46:42 +0000

The Hamilton Museum Welcomes New Executive Administrative Director

Implementing Strategic Plans, Fundraising and Budgeting at the Forefront

The Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum is proud to announce the selection
 of Peter Crabbe, Ed.D to the newly created position of Executive Administr ative Director. He will focus on providing leadership in the management of our dynamic nonprofit organization. Dr. Crabbe will oversee refining, devel oping and implementing innovative and progressive programs for fundraising,
 budgeting, communications, collections management, community outreach, edu cation and exhibition activities.

Peter Crabbe is an accomplished Executive Director, recently having led the
 staff and volunteers of Channel Islands Maritime Museum, Oxnard, CA in mee ting the organization’s mission, vision and educational goals. He holds an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Organizational Change from Roosevelt
 University, Schaumburg, IL; an MFA from the University of Illinois at Chic ago; an MA from Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL, and a BFA from
 Newport College of Art, Newport, Wales, UK (his hometown).

Dr. Crabbe’s experience includes having created vibrant, interdisciplinar y learning environments – insight that will lend itself to the Hamilton M useum’s growth in educational opportunities at all levels. As he stated,
"I am excited to be part of celebrating the history of the Hamilton Company
, the hard-working innovative ethic of the people of Two Rivers who have co ntributed so much to the graphics industry, communications, and the economy
 of our country. I can't think of a better springboard for the museum to bu ild creative and educational programming.”

On behalf of Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum’s Board of Directors, B oard President Jeff Dawson says “We are looking forward to working togeth er with Dr. Crabbe to implement our newly defined strategic directions of s upporting staff for foundational growth, ensuring operational viability, an d putting into place programs and policies that will ensure many more years
 of success.” Board member and president of the Two Rivers Historical Soc iety, Don Konop, called Dr. Crabbe’s selection “a positive step in the continuing development of the museum as a community asset of national signi ficance.”

Jim Moran, the current Museum director, will continue as an instrumental le ader for Hamilton. Hiring an Executive Administrative Director will enable Jim to focus on collections, museum curation, and exhibition projects. The Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum’s Board of Directors honors Jim Mora n's extraordinary service and is grateful for his commitment to Hamilton's ongoing excellence.

The Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum is the only museum in the country dedicated to the preservation, study, production and printing of wood type.
 With 1.5 million pieces of wood type and more than 1,000 styles and sizes of patterns, the Hamilton collection is one of the premier wood type collec tions in the world.

As a working museum, preservation is supported by the active and careful us e of collections. The Hamilton museum staff offers the opportunities for wo rkshops, hands-on demonstrations, group tours and lectures. Summer hours ar e Tuesday through Saturday, 10am–5pm and Sunday, 1–5pm with a guided to ur offered daily at 1pm.

For more information please visit, www.woodtype.org, email For more information please visit, www.woodtype.org, email info@woodtype.or g or call 920.794.6272.

Janet Seymour

Interim Director of Outreach

Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

715-836-2250 (O)

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsinh istory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3Butm_medium=email&am p;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>