Re: Plan now for Historic Preservation and Archaeology Month in May

David Drake (dhbdrake@gmail.com)
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:58:26 -0600

From: David Drake <dhbdrake@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:58:26 -0600
Subject: Re: Plan now for Historic Preservation and Archaeology Month in May

If you are looking for an event to help celebrate your historic site in May, I'm still doing my "Wiscon-Sing" program (for over 35 years statewide)
. It was the most-performed event of the 1998 Wisconsin Sesquicentennial with over 300 performances covering every part of the state.

Information is at: http://www.davidhbdrake.com/programs/enhanced/wisconsingprogram.htm

*David HB Drake* Organic Arts Ltd. / 414-702-6053

   - For calendar, programs, and information on David visit:
   www.davidhbdrake.com

   - For YouTube videos go to www.youtube.com /*Search "David HB Drake" and
   "MrDHBD"*

   - For more Organic Arts master performing artists visit:
   www.performingartsmilwaukee.com

"One can be both entertained and educated and not know the difference"
-Mark Twain-

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:17 PM AMY D WYATT <amy.wyatt@wisconsinhistory.org

wrote:

> Any type of event that celebrates the preservation of a historic places
> and archaeological sites is a great idea.
>

> Some events that organizations have done in the past at their own histori
> sites or by showcasing a variety of places in their community:
>
> · Open house
>
> · Walking tour or driving tour of historic districts (docent
 led
> or self-guided)
>
> · Scavenger hunt
>
> · Photo contest
>
> · Trivia event
>
> · Host a speaker to talk about the importance of historic
> preservation, archaeology, and historic places to the community
>
> · Workshop on a preservation topic like how to research the
> history of your house
>
> · Historic cemetery tour or clean-up project
>
> · Concert, movie night, or arts and craft fairs set at a his
toric
> site
>
> · Preservation awards program for worthy projects in the com
munity

> · Family event with hands-on preservation activity for kids
>

> These are some of the most popular ideas, but if you have something in
> mind that you’d like some feedback on I’m happy to help.
>

> Thanks!
> Amy Wyatt

%3Butm_medium=email&amp;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>