RE: heating historic buildings

Rip Edmundson (rip@edmundson.com)
Thu, 10 Dec 2020 21:27:26 -0600

From: "Rip Edmundson" <rip@edmundson.com>
Subject: RE: heating historic buildings
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 21:27:26 -0600

New Berlin Historic Society in Waukesha County: Two historic houses and our main museum are heated. Our pioneer cabin, lookout tower, one-room schoolhouse, outhouse and barn are not heated.

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
<localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu> On Behalf Of Jarrod Roll Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 3:45 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: heating historic buildings

Hello friends.

I have a question for you which I am asking on behalf of another historical organization which owns historic buildings. For those of you who own a standalone, small building (like a one-room school or church), do you heat it in the winter? The historical society who owns a one-room school in our area doesn't want to heat it in the winter because it isn't used and there is a significant heating bill involved. However, I know that even minimally heating an old building helps to preserve it. So, I would appreciate hearing from those of you who own a historic building and close it up for the winter-do you heat it or not?

Thank you,

Jarrod

Jarrod Roll

Director / County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

608-269-8680

www.MonroeCountyHistory.org <http://www.MonroeCountyHistory.org>