can you ID this folding tripod?

Jarrod Roll (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Fri, 5 Feb 2021 09:16:08 -0600

From: "Jarrod Roll" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: can you ID this folding tripod?
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 09:16:08 -0600

Hello everyone.

I’m posting two pictures of a tripod in our collection which is a mystery to us. It is made of wood with metal hardware. It also has a threaded piece in the top which can unscrew. The photos below show it partially unfolded. The full height is closer to 3.5 feet.

While we suspect it is either a folding tripod for a turn of the century box camera, or a tripod for some field surveying equipment, we need some confirmation. So, please reply if you know for certain what this is. We’d be most appreciative. J

Jarrod Roll

Director / County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

608-269-8680

www.MonroeCountyHistory.org <http://www.MonroeCountyHistory.org>

Facebook: www.Facebook.com/MCLHR <http://www.Facebook.com/MCLHR>

20210205_090301_resized.jpg 20210205_090237_resized.jpg