Re: Basic photography set up

Alice Kramer (alicekramer17@gmail.com)
Tue, 2 Mar 2021 14:17:19 -0600

From: Alice Kramer <alicekramer17@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Basic photography set up
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 14:17:19 -0600

I agree that this is a very useful you tube for an affordable and effective p hotography set up. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 1, 2021, at 1:17 PM, Anne Kertscher <sangindoin27@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for sharing the YouTube video "Object Photography for Museums," i
t's a simple, well executed and very informative presentation. Especially pe rtinent for societies with technically challenged volunteer members.
> We will resume archiving our collections armed with inspiration and confid
ence. As stated in the presentation, " a picture is worth a thousand words."

> Highly recommended.
>
> Anne Kertscher, President
> Saukville Area Historical Society
>
>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 10:47 AM Seymour, Janet I <DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu> wrot
e:
>> Hi Alice,
>>
>> Here's a link to a YouTube video created by the Iowa Local History Networ
k.

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GaMFjzoEc.
>>
>> Object Photography for Museums - YouTube
>> Object photography is an important part of managing a museum collection. T
his session’s presenter will explain why artifact photographs are im portant and off...

erve.uwec.edu> on behalf of Alice Kramer <alicekramer17@gmail.com>
>> Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:57 PM
>> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu>
>> Subject: Basic photography set up
>>
>> I would appreciate some recommendations for basic camera/photo supplies -
 used to document collection items and enter photos into past perfect.
>> Thank you from the Eagle River Historical Society.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Glen Link <linkfam@outlook.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> If you want it done professionally you can go to hansenwheel.com. Otherw
ise, I would recommend contacting the people at the Circus World Museum. The y do amazing work at restoring wheels. Perhaps they can give you instruction s on how to repair your wheels.

serve.uwec.edu> on behalf of JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <serve.uwec.edu> on behalf of JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhis tory.org>
>>> Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 9:59 AM
>>> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu>
>>> Subject: Fw: Wagon wheel restoration question
>>>
>>> Hi everyone - Please share recommendations, if you have them, for this r
estoration question. Thanks!
>>> Janet
>>>

>>> The Waupaca Historical Society is working on restoring some horse drawn w
agons and railroad baggage cart, but we need to repair and restore the wagon
 wheels. Does the Wisconsin Historical Society know of any businesses that d o this type of work? Or do you know of any other museums/contacts that might
 be able to help?