Summer intern positions at Folklore Village

Nels Diller (kgrede1@aol.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 2021 13:00:20 -0500

From: Nels Diller <kgrede1@aol.com>
Subject: Summer intern positions at Folklore Village
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 13:00:20 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself to the group. For the past 5 years I have had a leadership position in the reconstruction of the Aslak Lie House at Folklore Village, near Dodgeville, WI. This structure was entered on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. It was later moved to Folklore Village, where it has been waiting to be reconstructed. We began in earnest to erect the structure in 2016. For the past 3 summers we have hired a team of three interns under my supervision to continue the work. We are again offering this program and are looking for applicants for this summer.

Aslak Lie was a woodworker in Norway before he and his family immigrated to Wisconsin in 1848. His house represents the work of an experienced tradesman who employed subtlety and charm in everything he did. As a carpenter myself, it has been my pleasure to work as a volunteer on this worthy project.

If you have someone in mind who might like to be part of this effort direct them to folklorevillage.org <http://folklorevillage.org/>. By clicking on the Aslak Lie House button they can learn more and submit an application. Or, they can call me at 608-238-0735.

Thanks, Nels Diller

Aslak Lie and family c.1875