Re: help identifying object

Brian Bigler (usemeum@mhtc.net)
Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:03:04 -0500

Subject: Re: help identifying object
From: Brian Bigler <usemeum@mhtc.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:03:04 -0500

Hello all

Creameries and ice cream companies used these containers to distribute their product in.  Individuals would then return the canister to the company and I believe would receive a deposit back.  I know that these were used as late as the 1950s if not later.

Brian J. Bigler - Museum Consultant and Exhibit Designer - Mount Horeb