Re: Rural School Census Records

Dean & Marian Burmester (burmeste@mwt.net)
Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:19:39 -0500

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:19:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Rural School Census Records
From: Dean & Marian Burmester <burmeste@mwt.net>

Hi Bill,

Thanks so very much for sending the pages for Franklin Township from both books. I purchased both books many years ago. Also I am using Hildegard Thering's book on the History of Plain. Thering also wrote about each school.  All are very useful.

At our museum we have a few random pages from the school census. They list the students and teachers at the time that the census were recorded. I wonder if they are stored in Madison at either the UW Library or the Wisconsin Historical Library? I have tried searching on the web with no luck.

Thanks so very much for doing this for me. Now I will have all the pages for Franklin Township stored in on folder on my computer.

Marian