RE: mystery object

Glenn Brazelton (gbraze@cox.net)
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:31:54 -0500

From: "Glenn Brazelton" <gbraze@cox.net>
Subject: RE: mystery object
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:31:54 -0500

David,

Farming friends tell me it does not look like any tillage tool they have ever seen. The mounting bracket doesn’t look sturdy enough of a design to dig in and rotate around the hub.

Cheers, Glenn Brazelton

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of David Totten Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 11:38 AM To: localhistory <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Subject: mystery object

We have two of the items shown in the photograph. The "wheel" is about 18 inches in diameter, and spins on a rather sturdy axie.

The tag fragment suggests possibly a connection with a tillage tool.

Any suggestions?

David Totten

New Berlin Historical Society

nbhsorg@gmail.com <mailto:nbhsorg@gmail.com>