Fw: Oral History Project about Call-in Radio

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Sun, 18 Jun 2023 16:22:19 +0000

From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Fw: Oral History Project about Call-in Radio
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 16:22:19 +0000

Please see the announcement below and share with anyone who may be interest ed. Thank you!

To whom it may concern,

My name is Sadie Couture, and I am a PhD candidate in Communication Studies
 at McGill University. I am currently working on a historical study of call
-in radio in the United States and Canada from 1945-1972. As part of this r esearch project, I am interviewing people who listened to, called-in to, or
 otherwise engaged with call-in radio in the relevant period. I am particul arly interested in any programs called Party Line but am also interested in
 call-in radio in general. Many of the important programs of the era were l ocated in the Midwest. Interviews would center on the participants’ exper iences with, and thoughts about call-in radio as they experienced it. I am conducting interviews for this project in-person, or by a video-conferencin g system, depending on the participants’ preference.

I will be in Madison in July and in-person interviews can be conducted then
, or remote interviews can be conducted any time that is convenient for the
 participant. While I do not have an American phone number I can be contact ed by email or by phone/text to schedule an interview. Participation is ent irely voluntary and is not associated with any type of compensation. Since this would be an academic interview, not a journalistic interview, I will p rovide a consent form ahead of time and ask participants to look over it in
 case they have any concerns. Usually, these interviews take between 30 and
 90 minutes. This project has been approved by McGill’s Research Ethics B oard - File no. 23-05-030

Thank you very much for your consideration,

Sadie Couture

PhD Candidate Department of Art History and Communication Studies McGill University

853 Sherbrooke St. W.

Montreal, QC Canada H3A 2T6

778.707.7475 (tel.)

sadie.couture@mail.mcgill.ca

Supervisor:

Jonathan Sterne

Professor and James McGill Chair in Culture and Technology

Department of Art History and Communication Studies

McGill University

853 Sherbrooke St. W.

Montreal, QC Canada H3A 2T6

jonathan.sterne@mcgill.ca

Janet Seymour

she/her/hers

Outreach Director

Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

715-836-2250 (Office) 715-829-0742 (Cell)

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsinh istory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3Butm_medium=email&am p;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>