WAHPC Spring Conference April 25-26

Mary Emery (emerymary@sbcglobal.net)
Wed, 10 Apr 2024 01:35:16 +0000 (UTC)

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 01:35:16 +0000 (UTC)
From: Mary Emery <emerymary@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: WAHPC Spring Conference April 25-26

 Very Informative conference in Mineral Point. Registration Deadline is Apr il 16th. Also taking nominations for WAHPC preservation awards until April 12th.

   Register for the Spring Conference in Mineral Point

| |

| Wisconsin Association of Historic Preservation Commissions Spring Conference Schedule Register now for this informative and fun networking event!
  |

| WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE (April 24th, 2024) 6:00 PM Early Bird Dinner, Popolos, 20 Commerce Street (1857) (for tho se arriving on Wednesday). No reservations needed; separate check s.
 - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - THURSDAY SCHEDULE (April 25th, 2024) 8:00 AM Registration/Light Continental Breakfast 9:00 AM Welcome to Conference - Wm. Jason Flatt, WAHPC President 9:05 AM Welcome to Mineral Point - Matthew Honer, Mineral Point City A dministrator, HPC liaison 9:15 AM "Architect, Helmut Ajango, and his works” - Daina
 Penkiunas 9:45 AM "Design Guidelines for HPCs” - Joe Lawniczak 10:45 AM Break 11:00 AM "Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehab
- Andrea Herries 12:00 PM Lunch – catered by Café 43, WAHPC Annual Meeting
 - Election of Officers 1:00 PM "SHPO Updates from Chief Officer” - Daina Penkiunas 1:30 PM Drive to Mineral Point Opera House, 139 High Street 1:45 PM Tour the beautifully restored Opera House (1915) 2:30 PM Drive to Orchard Lawn, 234 Madison Street 2:45 PM Guided Tour Orchard Lawn, the Restored Gundry House (1868), home of
 Mineral Point Historical Society 4:00 PM WAHPC Awards Presentation, Orchard Lawn Parlor – prese ntation by Awards Committee, Gene Hackbarth, Wm Jason Flatt, & Matt Sa dowski 5:30 PM Dinner—Cornish Pasty Dinner/Event, Walker House, 1 Water St
., (Free for attendees) presented by Kathy Vaillancourt - - - - -
 - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - FRIDAY SCHEDULE (April 26th, 2024) 8:00 AM Registration/Light Continental Breakfast 9:00 AM Welcome to Conference - Wm. Jason Flatt, WAHPC President 9:10 AM “Best Practices for CLGs” - Jason Tish, S HPO – Certified Local Government (CLG) and Preservation E ducation Coordinator 10:00 AM “10 Best Ways to Mess Up your Historic Buildings!
 (Informative Presentation of Do’s and Don’ ts) - Joe Lawniczak 11:00 AM Break 11:10 AM “Using Preservation to Bring Forward the History of
 Underrepresented Communities” - Amy Wyatt 12:00 PM Lunch – catered by Café 43, HP Commissions
Sharing Time 1:15 PM The “Pendarvis Experience” specially planned for th e WAHPC Conference starts at the Conference Education Center –
 212 Spruce Street -114 Shake Rag Street, “The History of
 Pendarvis” - Bethany Brander, WHS- Southwest Sites Program Ma nager. and “Restoration, rehabilitation, and maintenance of Pendarvis as related to construction techniques and materials and the ev olving visitor experience for the historic property” - Charlie
 Quagliana 2:15 PM “Walk and Talk Tour” - Charlie Quagliana and B ethany Brander. For this specially designed tour, the closed houses wi ll be opened for us to see a Windows & Doors restoration project in
progress and another house that has been restored. All these stone cotta ges and outbuildings formed an early neighborhood from 1841-1845. We are fo rtunate to witness the work and progress of restoration with an expert
 explaining the process to us. The best way to learn is to experience it firsthand. What a wonderful way to end a WAHPC conference!"

Nominate a local preservation project that deserves to be recognized w ith a WAHPC Preservation Award.
  Register for the Conference and we will see you in Mineral Point. It will b e memorable.

| Click for Newsletter link with more details on the Conference |

| |

| |

| |

| |

| |

| Our historic buildings and sites, our landmarks, give context to a shared s ense of community.  As a member of the Wisconsin Association of Histor ic Preservation Commissions you will find information, advice, and examples
 that will inspire your community to gain distinction in the conservation a nd development of its unique cultural resources.

Join with landmark and historic preservation commissions, their member s and staff, and conservation advocates throughout the State of Wisconsin
 to best help your citizens appreciate the knowledge, the beauty, and the value contained in your built environment!

| |

| |

| |

| |

| |

| Copyright © 2024 Wisconsin Association of Historic Preservation Com missions, All rights reserved.
 Wisconsin Association of Historic Preservation Commissions

 Our mailing address is:
 Wisconsin Association of Historic Preservation Commissions57 N Kayser StFo nd du Lac, WI 54935-3705 Add us to your address book