Pro-Choice Events

Werthmann, Andrew Frank (WERTHMAF@uwec.edu)
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:50:17 -0600

Subject: Pro-Choice Events
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:50:17 -0600
From: "Werthmann, Andrew Frank" <WERTHMAF@uwec.edu>

***************************** Sent on behalf of the College Feminists Please Forward to all. Thanks
*****************************
  Hi Pro-Choice Supporters!
  We've finally come to an agreement on times, dates, and logistics for the upcoming College Feminists' Reproductive Rights/Pro-Choice campaign. We really appreciate your interest and support in this! Here's what you should know:
  PRO-CHOICE MARCH Time: 9am-5pm Day: Wednesday, Dec 1 Place: In front of EC Planned Parenthood (corner of Menomonie St and Clairemont) Notes about the march:
*Please bring friends!! We need this effort to be BIGGER than the anti-choice/"pro life" efforts; bring your friends, family, associates, colleagues, acquaintences, etc.
*Please make your own signs!! If, for whatever reason, you cannot make one, we have a limited supply of extras.
  ADDITIONAL MARCHES Starting this week until the end of the semester, we will be holding pro-choice marches Wednesdays outside of Planned Parenthood from 9-5 each week. We'd LOVE to see you there; if you can only make one, come to the one this Wednesday (Dec 1), because we would like a huge impact with a large marching populous.
  T-SHIRT SALES We have ordered 50 hot pink and pale pink T-Shirts of many sizes
(intended for both women AND men to wear: pink means power for all of us!). The order will be finished tomorrow (Tues) and we will have them for sale at the march on Wednesday for $15.00/ea. They say "Ignore your rights and they'll go away" on the front in a very very cool font that I hope you will all enjoy!!
  FLYERING: WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!! In an attempt to educate, refute the anti-choicer's propaganda, and contest Bush's abortion/contraception policies, we have made up flyers to pass out around campus. We need people to help us by devoting some time to dispersal on campus. Your job will be to stand around between classes and during the lunch hour in high-pedestrian-trafficked places
(i.e. campus mall, outside of Hibbard, Phillips, Shneider) and pass out pamphlets to passersby. This should be a fun thing to do, especially if you can get together with some friends to help you out with it. We will post a sign-up sheet for this in Brewer 55 (The Women's Studies office; basement of Brewer Hall, building across from Hibbard). Please sign up asap if you're interested.
  We will also be handing out FREE CONDOMS with witty slogans on them for the next week, or until we run out of them. Anybody who signs up for flyering will have the opportunity to pass out these condoms, too.
  DONATIONS If you would kindly consider making a donation to College Feminists, we would greatly appreciate it. We have very little money to fund all of this activism, so if you're interested in helping us financially, you can stop by Brewer 55 (WMNS office) and drop a donation with the desk worker. Checks payable to UWEC College Feminists.
  Thanks, everyone, for your help with this. I hope this email gives you a better idea of what's happening. We really need your support with this; don't let Bush make personal decisions about women's bodies and women's lives!! Help us educate and protest the anti-choice attacks happening right now. Be sure to march in order to save women's lives by upholding Roe v. Wade!!
  Thank you!!!! College Feminists Exec Board
  Reproductive Rights Campaign Contacts: Katie Bowmankl@uwec.edu Elissa Shawem@uwec.edu