Re: [The Flip Side] Come to our Appeal Hearing

Nowlan, Robert A. (RANOWLAN@uwec.edu)
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:40:01 -0600

Subject: FW: [The Flip Side] Come to our Appeal Hearing
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:40:01 -0600
From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu>

I'm forwarding this message from Jacob Boer, managing editor of _The FlipSide_; for those of you who can show up to give moral support in the hearing tomorrow before the Student Senate Finance Commission, this help will be most appreciated.

Bob Nowlan

-----Original Message----- From: Boer, Jacob Wesley Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 5:35 PM Subject: [The Flip Side] Come to our Appeal Hearing

 The Flip Side - The Alternative Press of UW-Eau Claire - 11/30/04

Greetings Friends,

If you have ever contributed or given support to this paper, then this effects you. This hearing will decide if this paper will continue for another year.

The appeal hearing to determine if The Flip Side will or will not receive any funding will be on Wednesday at 5:00pm (12/1). The Finance Commission hearings are open to the public and they welcome anyone wanting to attend. This hearing will be important because a lot of commissioners/senators are on the fence in how they will vote. The vote will be close and it is more difficult for people like Matt Wisnefski, who oppose funding our paper, to say "free speech and student thought and opinion on campus is not worth funding" when there are 50 people who disagree in the room starring at him.

Many on the finance commission do not believe anyone in the community cares about free press and Eau Claire having an alternative news source to The Spectator, so if you want to prove them wrong, please attend this appeal hearing.

The appeal starts at 5:00pm in the Pottawatomie Room in Davies. They won't debate The Flip Side until 5:40pm. So I recommend showing up at 5:25pm (they may/can start sooner). It will be done before 6:00pm. We will be gathering first in the Arrowhead Room (I reserved it) before we go into the appeal hearing. I ask for you to come if you can. Bring a friend/date/stranger if you can. Thank you.

E-mail me if you have questions.

The usual. . .

Our next Regular Meeting will be:

Tuesday, November 30th at 7:00pm in the Wisconsin Room in Davies.

Our next Deadline for Submissions for Vol. 2, No. 7 is:

Wednesday, December 1st by your bedtime. Please send submissions to Brian Vander Kamp. vanderkb@uwec.edu <mailto:vanderkb@uwec.edu>

 -- Try to keep articles between 400 and 1500 words. When submitting, include your name, year in school and major if applicable. Send at least two days before the deadline if you are interested in receiving notice of any changes before publication. If you have any ideas, comments or requests, you may contact me for a further dialogue.

 -- Pictures, drawings or visual ideas are encouraged and helpful. Contact Lisa Sergot if you need photos taken for you or if you have an art submission. sergotld@uwec.edu <mailto:sergotld@uwec.edu>

Our next Stapling Party will be:

Tuesday, December 7th at 5:30pm in the Basement of the McIntyre Library.

Thank you for your time,

Jacob Boer

Managing Editor - The Flip Side

boerjw@uwec.edu <mailto:boerjw@uwec.edu>

www.flipsidepress.com (Visit our public forum for news, fun, madness and enlightenment)

If you are receiving this e-mail, it is because at one point you contributed or showed interest in The Flip Side (Thanks!) and we consider you a valuable resource. If you wish to be removed, please let me know.