Eau Claire - Worlds only known singing C.I.A. agent

Drumm, Daniel L. (DRUMM@uwec.edu)
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:54:38 -0600

Subject: Eau Claire - Worlds only known singing C.I.A. agent
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:54:38 -0600
From: "Drumm, Daniel L." <DRUMM@uwec.edu>

One last reminder:

> The worlds only known singing C.I.A. agent
> Are you still gloomy from the election? We have just the thing - a
little pointed political humor to make you smile again.
> Join us for an evening of folk and comedy to benefit WHYS Radio.
Walter Craft will open the show with song and stories, then George Shrub will shatter your preconceived notion of CIA agents > -> musically. Finally Dave Lippman (Shrubs alter-ego) will close the show and send you home with a semi-permanent grin.

www.WHYSRadio.org and http://davelippman.com/
> Last weekend Dave Lippman Played before 16,000 people at the Fort
Benning, GA demonstration against the School of the Americas. Dec 2-5 he is touring Northern Wisconsin, before heading off to California.
> Satirical songster Dave Lippman takes to the road in his second
millennium of musical satire, with the world's only known singing CIA agent, George Shrub, in hot pursuit. Current victims of his parody and thrust include the faith-based missile shields, Global Warnings, Sweatshops, the Information Towaway Lane, Sport Futility Vehicles, and of course, Wal-Mart. Get ready for high-end pop rewrites and some very wise cracks.
> Lippman's songs, released on numerous albums over the last 20 years,
bear such bucolic and transcendent titles as "I Hate Walmart" "The Stocks They Are Exchangin'," "The Twelve Days of Bushmas," and "Battle Him in Public." His most recent CD, "I Hate Wal-Mart," released in 1998, receives airplay on anticommercial radio throughout the country

> Viciously funny
> Guardian (England)
> One of my favorite political satirists. This is a very funny man.
> Erich Lee Preminger, KGO-TV, San Francisco
> God, that man can talk! I tell you, he's good.
> What a great writer!
> Utah Phillips
> Those who love prejudice, stupidity, megacorporations, the Bohemian
> Club and the disappearance of local culture will hate this CD.
> Independent (Durham)
> The Dean felt that more harm than good would come from your visit.
> Student, Skidmore College, New York
> Lippman is a national treasure.
> L.A. Herald-Examiner
> A one-man satirical barn-burner...astute musical
mockeries...hilarious.