Re: [WisPeaceInfo] URGENT CALL FOR HELP FOR NEEDY CHILDREN

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:47:42 -0600

Subject: FW: [WisPeaceInfo] URGENT CALL FOR HELP FOR NEEDY CHILDREN
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:47:42 -0600
From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>

Fyi. Note the needed by date is Monday

  Karen Pope McIntyre Library Assistant Professor | Information Literacy Librarian L 1001A popekj 836-2959

-----Original Message----- From: Marion Lang [mailto:marionlang@charter.net] Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 2:54 PM To: wispeace Subject: [WisPeaceInfo] URGENT CALL FOR HELP FOR NEEDY CHILDREN

New or barely used items for the children of Hmong Refugees are being collected at the Chippewa Valley Technical College. They will be distributed Monday morning December 2Oth.

Details follow along with the list of sizes. No summer items are being collected now. While this request is focused on the children, adult clothing in small sizes is still needed: long sleeve knit shirts, sweaters, undergarments, pants, socks, coats. If it is easier, please deliver to Marion and Warren Lang, 314 11th Street, Menomonie and we will relay the clothing to the distribution center. Leave items, marked by gender and size on the screen porch .

> Good morning!
>
> Neighbor-to-Neighbor just met and we still have several children of
> new Hmong refugee families in our community in need of warm clothing.

> Please help provide them with any of the following items:
>
> shirts/blouses
> pants
> sweaters
> coats
> snowpants
> shoes
> socks
> boots
> gloves, mittens, hats,
> blankets
>
> Specifically, we have children of the following ages who need clothing

> sizes as indicated below:
>
> Child Size (range noted)
> Boy, age 1 1/2 1
>
> Girl age 1 1/2 1/ 18 mo.

> Boy Age 3 3-4 shirt 3-4 pants

> Boy, age 4 4-5 shirt - 5-6 pants
>
> Girl, age 5 4-6 shirt - 5-7 pants
>
> Boy, age 5 4-6 shirt - 5-7 pants
>
> Girl, age 7 S(6-8) shirt - S(7-9) pants
>
> Girl, age 9 M(8-11) shirt - M(10-12) pants
>
> Girl, age 10 M(10-13) shirt - M(12-14) pants
>
> Girl, age 14 L(13-14) shirt - L(14-16) pants
>
> Shoe/boot sizes needed for children include the following (from
> smallest to largest): 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 2, and 3.
>
> If you have good used items or if you purchase some items that you
> want to donate to the children, please label the bag/box/wrapped gift
> containing the items with the age/gender of the child (e.g., "Boy, age

> 5") and drop the items off at CVTC - Menomonie, Attention: Tim
> Stanton. The deadline for doing so is Monday, December 20, 2004, at
> 7:30 a.m. as items will be distributed that morning.
>
> Jesse Harness
> District Administrator
> 215 Pine Avenue NE
> Menomonie, WI 54751
> jesse_harness@msd.k12.wi.us

marion lang 314 11th Street E Menomonie, WI 54751

marionlang@charter.net 715.235.5686

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT click here
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129i15eic/M=294855.5468653.6549235.30011 76/ D=groups/S=1705759335:HM/EXP=1103230468/A=2455396/R=0/SIG=119 u9qmi7/*htt p://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=gr oup s/S=:HM/A=2455396/rand=558131466>