RE: "Assemblies and Parades" Ordinance

Nowlan, Robert A. (RANOWLAN@uwec.edu)
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:02:06 -0600

Subject: RE: "Assemblies and Parades" Ordinance
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:02:06 -0600
From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu>

Per my request Ann Heywood, Chippewa Valley Civil Liberties Union chapter president, has forwarded the text of this ordinance, together with expressed concerns about it, to Wisconsin Civil Liberties Union legal director Larry Dupuis for review and recommendation of prospective action in response. I'll let people know what we hear from WCLU state headquarters once we do.

  Bob

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Richmond, Rick Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 4:13 PM To: sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Cc: oinkrot@discover-net.net Subject: "Assemblies and Parades" Ordinance

A revised Eau Claire city ordinance entitled "Assemblies and Parades" has been distributed and discussed in City Council, and there has been considerable concern expressed by various community groups 'tho few have seen the actual text.
  The full text of the proposed ordinance can be found at http://www.uwec.edu/sfpj/ordinance.pdf
  Please take a look - especially at the definition of "public assembly" and at the permit requirements.