Boxer Initiating Boycott for ANWR!

Hale, C. Kate (HALECL@uwec.edu)
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:25:11 -0600

Subject: Boxer Initiating Boycott for ANWR!
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:25:11 -0600
From: "Hale, C. Kate" <HALECL@uwec.edu>

There are some Democrats out there whose actions and words are worth tracking--thankfully, our own excellent Russ Feingold is not alone in this category.

What follows is an excerpt from a diary--"Tell the big oil companies to stay out of ANWR"-- posted by Senator Barbara Boxer at the Daily Kos website--you can find the entire thing at:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/3/17/185420/019

I happen to be up late tonight and caught this--please pass it on far and wide!

In Solidarity,

Kate
****************************************************************** I'm planning to organize a consumer boycott of any oil company that decides to drill in this pristine Alaskan wilderness area. If, through our pocketbooks, we can convince these companies to do the right thing, we can still save the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from the destruction that would be wrought by the oil drilling rigs. I know lorax [one of the posters at D.Kos] and many of you have already been talking about this -- and I think it's a great idea.

I've set up a petition form on my PAC for a Change website to make it easy to send an email to the CEOs of ExxonMobil, BP, ConocoPhillips, Royal Dutch/Shell, and ChevronTexaco and tell them to stay out of ANWR. I hope you'll join me in this effort:'

http://ga4.org/campaign/boycott

Then after you've signed the petition and emailed these 5 oil companies, I hope you'll invite everyone you know to join us.

http://ga4.org/campaign/boycott/forward

This battle is not over -- not by a long shot.

Thanks for all the work that you do -- and for all of the support you continue to give me. I can't do it without you.

In Friendship,

Barbara Boxer