Re: Sign me!! - resolution in opposition to same-sex marriage ban

Grossman, Zoltan C. (GROSSMZC@uwec.edu)
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:10:30 -0500

Subject: FW: Sign me!! - resolution in opposition to same-sex marriage ban
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:10:30 -0500
From: "Grossman, Zoltan C." <GROSSMZC@uwec.edu>

-----Original Message----- From: Werthmann, Andrew Frank Sent: Wed 4/13/2005 11:32 AM To: Grossman, Zoltan C. Subject: Could you send this??
  Zoltan, Could you send this resolution to the amnesty and SFPJ listserves. I cant send to either of them (at least I don't think I can). The subject line should read:
  Sign me!! - resolution in opposition to same-sex marriage ban

  Thanks, Andrew

Y O U R V O I C E I S N E E D E D !

Well, actually just your signature.

Click Here To Read & Sign A Resolution, http://www.uwec.edu/psa/resolution.htm

for student Senate, in opposition of the proposed amendment to the Wisconsin State Constitution that would ban same-sex marriages, civil unions, benefits for domestic partners, etc.

Why?

Because the denial of domestic partner benefits to UW system employees has already caused the resignations of numerous world class professors from UW schools, severely damaging our ability to continue performing as one of the best university systems in the nation!

  Because the degradation of our university system is very detrimental to the states economy.

Because every single citizen of the United States of America is entitled to equality, dignity and respect!

How will this resolution help?

After Student Senate passes this resolution, it will be sent to the leaders of the State Senate, State Assembly, UW system, and more. They will see your signature along with many others, and they will realize that the student body here at UWEC does not support this amendment because we understand how it will hurt our state!

To sign the resolution: click here http://www.uwec.edu/psa/resolution.htm

For more information on the resolution: click here http://www.uwec.edu/psa/moreinfo.htm

To read the proposed amendment: click here http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2003/data/AJR-66.pdf

Thank you for your help!