RE: Spectator coverage of a current issue

Markgraf, Jill S. (MARKGRJS@uwec.edu)
Thu, 12 May 2005 09:39:18 -0500

Subject: RE: Spectator coverage of a current issue
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:39:18 -0500
From: "Markgraf, Jill S." <MARKGRJS@uwec.edu>

Hi, I'm new to this list, so maybe this has been done already. I know many of us have contacted the school board. But what about sending to the school board a petition or signed letter from parents in support of tolerance, acceptance and discourse in our schools to counter the unsigned letter? Jill Markgraf

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Hale, C. Kate Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 9:35 AM To: Wilcox, Jean A.; Alea, Mary Ellen; Wesenberg, Nancy Christine; SFPJ Subject: Re: Spectator coverage of a current issue

Jean and all---

I actually typed "scary" at first . . . I'm trying NOT to be scared, but in truth I am at least part of the time.

Jean, your point is absolutely correct: I think we have some educating to do here so that people understand that the status quo IS already political.

But how to proceed?

Kate