Re: Call for Applications for Global Leaders Summit

Grossman, Zoltan C. (GROSSMZC@uwec.edu)
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:09:06 -0500

Subject: FW: Call for Applications for Global Leaders Summit
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:09:06 -0500
From: "Grossman, Zoltan C." <GROSSMZC@uwec.edu>

-----Original Message----- From: Seth Green [mailto:seth.green@yale.edu] Sent: Tue 6/14/2005 5:09 PM To: Grossman, Zoltan C. Subject: Call for Applications for Global Leaders Summit
  Dear Professor Grossman:
  I am the executive director of Americans for Informed Democracy
(www.aidemocracy.org <http://www.aidemocracy.org/> ), a non-partisan 501c3 organization that raises global awareness on more than 250 U.S. university campuses and in more than ten countries. This summer, our organization will be hosting a major conference at Northwestern University for students at Midwest universities interested in global affairs. The retreats will feature workshops, speakers, and discussions aimed at preparing interns with the tools to facilitate global discussions on their university campuses and in their communities this fall. Thanks to the generous support of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the Open Society Institute, the Hewlett Foundation, and the DarMac Foundation, the retreats are free for selected interns including food and tuition.
  I sincerely apologize for contacting you about this over the summer, but I hope you might be able to pass on the call for applications below to your students at UW-Eau Claire. If by chance you can share our announcement with your students, I would be most grateful.
  With many thanks,
  Seth Green Executive Director, Americans for Informed Democracy
(www.aidemocracy.org
<http://www.aidemocracy.org/> )
+1 (202) 270 6268

  CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR GLOBAL LEADERS SUMMIT
  UW-Eau Claire students are invited to apply for a one-day conference for young global leaders taking place on July 30th at Northwestern University. The conference will bring together students from across the Midwest for a day of workshops, guest speakers, and discussions focused on techniques for raising global awareness. Thanks to the generous support of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the Open Society Institute, the Hewlett Foundation, and the DarMac Foundation, the conference is free for selected students including food and tuition (although transportation to the conference is at participants' expense).
  At the conference, students will learn strategies for talking global issues with Americans and techniques for organizing town hall meetings on America's role in the world. Students will also enjoy several guest talks on current international affairs and have the opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with a diverse group of young leaders, equipping them with the knowledge, support and structure to implement these ideas in their neck of the woods.
  The retreats are being coordinated by Americans for Informed Democracy
(AID), a non-partisan organization working to raise global awareness on more than 250 U.S. university campuses and in more than 10 countries. AID was originally started in September of 2002 by Marshall and Rhodes scholars at Oxford University who sought a new vehicle to bring the world home to Americans and it has quickly become the premiere network for globally conscious young leaders. For more information about AID, including stories about the group by the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, and others, visit http://www.aidemocracy.org/.
  Interested students should send a resume and cover letter to application@aidemocracy.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and applicants will be notified within one week of submission if they have been selected to attend a summit.