Re: July 12-remembering the dead

Hale, C. Kate (HALECL@uwec.edu)
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:59:28 -0500

Subject: FW: July 12-remembering the dead
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:59:28 -0500
From: "Hale, C. Kate" <HALECL@uwec.edu>

Colleagues:
  Many of you will recognize the names of the senders of the forwarded message as participants in our teach-in this past spring. If you are in town on the 12th, you may want to participate in/witness this event.
  In Solidarity,
  Kate

Dear All:

Please consider this invitation to join our committee of three on Tuesday, July 12. Please forward this to all interested persons.
  Concerned Americans:
  1744 is only a number. Reading a name for each number from 1 to 1744
(at present) Americans killed in Iraq will give us a more realistic meaning of the ultimate sacrifice of those who have given everything for this nation.
  On Tuesday, July 12 there will be a reading of names of the dead at 8:30 PM. at the Federal Building in Eau Claire. We are also planning to project a picture of each of the fallen on the Federal Building. To read all the names will probably take about 2 1/2 hours to complete. You may chose to come for part or all of the ceremony. We are intending that this meeting will be respectful but "low key." Be sure to bring along a lawn chair or blanket to sit on because we will be on the lawn. Bring a friend. Come as you are, stay as long as you like. Anyone who is so inclined may participate in the reading of the names. If the weather does not cooperate, we will move it to the next day.
  In summary:
  Who? Concerned Americans What? Reading of names of the dead American troops When? Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 8:30 PM (Rain day is July 13) Where? Federal Building, on Barstow Street, Eau Claire Why? So that we don't forget
  We hope to see you there,
  Jay Tobin Myron Buchholz Gaylord Oppegard