RE: First meeting of the fall semester

Nowlan, Robert A. (RANOWLAN@uwec.edu)
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:38:01 -0500

Subject: RE: First meeting of the fall semester
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:38:01 -0500
From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu>

I won't be able to make this meeting, either, unfortunately, due to the fact that I have a class that runs from 3:45-6:15 on Wednesdays, but, as always, I'm most interested in doing whatever I possibly can to contribute and help out with what we collectively decide we want, and need, to focus on this semester. Also, I'll keep people informed of opportunities for prospective sfpj collaboration on actions and projects with the now six student organizations for which I serve as faculty advisor:
  Progressive Student Association Progressive Media Network Progressive Action Fund Democracy Matters-UWEC
_The FlipSide_ Spectrum

  All of these are active organizations with a lot of talented and passionate people who've already got quite a few things going/set soon to get underway for the semester ahead.

  In addition, the Chippewa Valley Civil Liberties Union likely will have some activities upcoming that will not only interest sfpj members but for which we could use sfpj assistance--and likely the same will be true for the now-forming UWEC campus branch of the UW system-wide Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transgender-Questioning-and-Queer Inclusivity Initiative. I'll keep sfpj informed of these as well.

  Bob Nowlan