SATURDAY PEACE VIGIL IN CHIPPEWA FALLS

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:58:15 -0500

Subject: SATURDAY PEACE VIGIL IN CHIPPEWA FALLS
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:58:15 -0500
From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>

Dear SFPJ, PSA and interested others: Please share this information. The Veterans for Peace group will be having a solidarity event on Saturday. I have suggested carpooling from the usual WIB Saturday vigil location at Brackett & 53 at 9:15. Here is the Chippewa vigil info. For more info contact organizer Gaylord Oppegard Gpoppegard@aol.com

The vigil in Chippewa Falls is Saturday September 24th. Place is intersection of old Hwy 29 and Bridge Street. Time is 10 AM -11:30 AM Bring signs for peace.

Meet across the street from the Visitors Center on old Hwy 29 in downtown CF. We can park right there and stand nearby. I will have some signs made up but it would be very helpful if some of you could bring signs as well.

Our theme will be of Peace (end the war). We cannot all go to Washington, DC but we sure can let our feelings be known locally. That is the big week end for the demonstration in DC also.

My goal is to get 20 people to participate. Bring a friend and let's make it happen! We will begin at 10 AM and plan to go until 11:30 AM.

________________________________

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Hale, C. Kate Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:18 PM To: Alarcon, Eberth G. Jr.; Richmond, Rick; SFPJ Subject: Re: SFPJ meeting dates & times

Late afternoons are best for me, too; rather than meet in the evenings, however, I'd prefer to try something mid-day (or anytime in the day, with enough lead-time to plan for it). Once I go home after work, I really like to STAY home . . . .

Kate

On 9/22/05 12:15 PM, "Alarcon, Eberth G. Jr." <ALARCOEG@uwec.edu> wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> Late afternoons work best for me. I could also do most evenings. I am
> completely flexible as far as locations are concerned, but the Davies
> center is my first choice.
>
> Eberth

Dr. C. Kate Hale Interim Assistant to the Chancellor for Affirmative Action Affirmative Action Office 217 Schofield Hall UWEC

phone: 36-2387 or 2522 fax: 36-2902 email: halecl@uwec.edu on-line: http://www.uwec.edu/affirm/