Seeking International Women's Day solidarity vigil campus group sponsors

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:04:04 -0600

Subject: Seeking International Women's Day solidarity vigil campus group sponsors
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:04:04 -0600
From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>

Dear peaceful, progressive, socially conscious friends and groups:
  Women in Black, Eau Claire, is interested in holding a vigil at the campus clock tower to support the CODEPINK call for action on International Women's day, March 8th. We are looking for campus sponsoring organizations. Would you be interested? It costs nothing, but we would appreciate wide spread publicity and participation. This is the first night of the vagina monologues in Schofield auditorium, so the vigil is intended to be right before this event at 6:30.
  We are also looking for artistic individuals who would be willing to speak, read poetry/prose, sing or play music.
  In the attached DRAFT ad there is a link to the CODEPINK global call to end hostilities in Iraq, but the vigil is intended to to bring attention to women/children who are affected in all global wars/conflicts, and bring attention to the power of women to say YES to peace and no to war.
  Could you let me know if your group is willing to cosponsor and/or participate ASAP? Can you think of other interested campus groups to contact?
  Thanks, Karen Pope
(on behalf of EC Women in Black)