Re: It's on the ballot

Nowlan, Robert A. (RANOWLAN@uwec.edu)
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:55:52 -0600

Subject: FW: It's on the ballot
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:55:52 -0600
From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu>

For your information.

-----Original Message----- From: Fair Wisconsin [mailto:info@fairwisconsin.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:15 PM To: Nowlan, Robert A. Subject: It's on the ballot

A Fair Wisconsin Votes No <http://www.fairwisconsin.com/>

Tonight the Assembly passed the constitutional ban on civil unions and marriage, sending it to the November 7th statewide election. And tomorrow morning we launch a multi-million dollar, aggressive campaign to defeat it.

I am excited about the campaign. Wisconsin voters have a history of being fair and independent, and I believe once people understand the effects of this ban, an overwhelming majority will say No to discrimination.

All along, we expected that the Assembly would pass the ban. That's why we have spent the past 600 days having conversations with tens of thousands of Wisconsin voters about the civil unions and marriage ban. Every time we talk to the fair-minded and independent voters of Wisconsin, we move one step closer to victory.

Fair Wisconsin is the campaign that will defeat the ban. We are working off the foundation laid by you and countless others through your hard work with Action Wisconsin and Milwaukee Center Advocates. The staff of both organizations looks forward to continuing to work with you through the Fair Wisconsin campaign.

http://www.fairwisconsin.com/

To win, we need you to continue this grassroots effort by volunteering your time, donating your money, writing letters to the editor, and talking to people every day about how this ban will affect real people in every region of Wisconsin.

I invite you to help kick off the campaign in your community.

In the next ten days, Fair Wisconsin will hold kick-off trainings in every region of Wisconsin to introduce the campaign. Join us to learn how to talk about the ban with your friends and family, so that on November 8th, when the vote comes in, and we have won, you will know that you helped make it happen.

Mike Tate, Fair Wisconsin Campaign Director

http://www.fairwisconsin.com/

Join the campaign in your community:

Milwaukee--Thursday, March 2 http://eqfed.org/aw/events/milw1/details.tcl

Fox Valley--Monday, March 6 http://eqfed.org/aw/events/fairfoxvalley/details.tcl

Central Wisconsin--Tuesday, March 7 http://eqfed.org/aw/events/fairwausau/details.tcl

La Crosse--Wednesday, March 8 http://eqfed.org/aw/events/fairlacrosse/details.tcl

Eau Claire--Thursday, March 9 http://eqfed.org/aw/events/faireauclaire/details.tcl

Superior--Friday, March 10 http://eqfed.org/aw/events/fairsuperior/details.tcl
<http://eqfed.org/aw/events/fairsuperior/details.tcl%0d%0a>

------------------

Fair Wisconsin http://www.fairwisconsin.com

Contribute Today http://www.fairwisconsin.com/donate

________________________________

Please forward this message to your friends and family.
 Tell-a-friend!
<http://eqfed.org/join-forward.html?domain=aw&r=y1z_CI41SRy4>

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Online Fair Wisconsin <http://eqfed.org/aw/join.html?r=y1z_CI41SRy4E> .

This message was sent to This message was sent to ranowlan@uwec.edu. Visit your subscription management page <http://eqfed.org/aw/smp.tcl?nkey=57ke534053753t&> to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop ALL email from Online Fair Wisconsin, click to remove
<http://eqfed.org/aw/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey=57ke534 053 753t&> yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove" in the subject line).

Fair Wisconsin | P.O. Box 2102 | Madison, WI 53701-2102 | 608.441.0143 Paid for by Fair Wisconsin Committee, Joanne Holland, Treasurer

(c) 2006, Fair Wisconsin

 <http://www.getactive.com>

 <http://eqfed.org/nlor/57ke534053753t>